About Pioneer Community Kindergarten
At Pioneer Community Kindergarten we are a Queensland Government Approved Kindergarten which offers:
- a pre-Prep program over a 5-day fortnight in two air-conditioned units;
- teams of staff consisting of a director, teachers and assistants;
- directors who are responsible for the day-to-day running of the Centre and share teaching responsibilities with their teachers and assistants;
- teaching staff, with the combined teaching experience of over 100 years, who are highly skilled and retain the necessary qualifications for their specific roles;
- both indoor and outdoor activities, presenting a vast array of opportunities for social, physical and emotional development;
- voluntary management committee which is elected from nominating parents at an Annual General Meeting at the beginning of each year. There are also many other ways for parents to be involved or participate in your child’s kindergarten experience;
- a community-run centre, which means that it is not-for-profit and all of the monies raised through fees, grants and fundraising goes straight back into the running of the Centre and upgrading of its facilities; and
- a program and facilities of the highest standard which are designed specifically to enhance your child’s kindergarten journey.
Our strength lies in our longevity and the proud history we have in delivering a high-quality kindergarten program to the families of Mackay. We have welcomed many families with multiple siblings throughout the years which are highlighted in the testimonials we have received.
We are affiliated with Lady Gowrie who are a well-regarded early childhood governing body. They provide guidance and support to Pioneer Community Kindergarten in-line with their philosophy of, ‘innovative and flexible practice, integrated service provision, meaningful partnerships with parents and evidence-based practice’.